Wednesday, November 4, 2009

10 Actors I'd Watch in anything.

10. Micheal C. Hall
OK. So I have a confession to make. See, Micheal C. Hall narrated a documentary called Mystery of the Freemasons. Not that Freemasons aren't interesting but see, it was around three in the morning and I was exhausted. But I watched it all the way through, just because of that voice. He's completely brilliant in Six Feet Under where he plays a man struggling with his sexuality and Dexter, where he kills people.



9. John Cusack
This may in fact be a lie. I probably will not be seeing 2012.
Redeem yourself with Hot Tub Time Machine, Cusak. Your on thin ice.



8. Amy Adams
That hair! Those dimples! I mean I actually got over my Patrick Dempsey bias too see Enchanted, but by far her performance in Junebug, which was tragically fragile and naive solidified my adoration of her.



7. Reese Witherspoon
Witherspoon has continually showed her acting chops, in movies ranging from the comedic Legally Blonde to the wrenching Rendition. Watch her in Election where she plays the sinister Tracey Flick, and you'll know this little blonde is a serious actress.
As Elle Woods would say, I rest my case.



6. Eli Wallach
The man is 90 and still working. While he now plays only Adorable Old Jewish Man, he rocks it like he would have 50 years ago.



5. Christina Hendricks
She delivers ever line with cool wit yet still manages to play the kind of vunerablity that makes you tear up.




4. George Clooney
I would watch this man sit and string beads for two hours. Of course, he's not only a talented actor, but he's also a producer and director. I can't wait to see Up in the Air, where he plays a charmingl-y disconnected man,



3. Zooey Deschanel
Those eyes! That quirk! Seriously though, she's an extremely talented actress with an inate talent for making you sympathize with. In Winter Passing (a really fabulous movie if you haven't seen it) she plays a completely broken person who, in addition to being a coke head drowns a kitten. And I almost felt sorry for her,.


2. Jude Law
Jude Law, whose filmography includes Wilde and I Heart Huckabees, gives a wonderful performance, whether he's a widower or Watson.
.....
(Do you know how hard I worked to come up with that alliteration?)


And for the number one actor I'd watch in anything *drumroll**drumroll**


1. Gael Garcia Bernal
No, really, anything. Seriously. As I write I'm watching Dot the I, which continually assaults my brain with foolishness. He's played Che Guevara andwas also in the fabulous Y Tu Mama Tambien and showed great range in the subtle yet tragic Science of Sleep.
Plus, those cheekbones could cut through the worst of plots.
Ba dump bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment